Would you like to cruise like the locals do? A popular way to see Amsterdam during summertime is from a small open boat! During the summer periode, Blue Boat Company has open boat departures on several times daily (if the Dutch summer weather permits).
Since this small boat is uncovered, nothing will obstruct the beautiful views from the canals, and you’ll be able to enjoy the sunshine and take amazing pictures. This small open boat will also be able to get you to those spots in the city of Amsterdam that are inaccessible to the larger canal boats and you will get a private guided tour from your captain.
All this makes a tour on the Blue Sky Boat an unique, personal experience.
- See places the large boats can not reach
- Your captain is your private guide
- Unobstructed views
Please note: we request our visitors to book their ticket online in advance to avoid crowds at the cash registers.
Top 5 things to do in Amsterdam on a sunny day
- Cycling! There are MANY bikes in Amsterdam and it’s a popular way for locals to get around. Rent a bike and hop on. You can rent a bike at MacBike, they have different locations in the city.
- Walking! Take a stroll through the city. You don’t have to undertake any special acitvities in Amsterdam to enjoy and experience the city. Just walk and use your senses! You can also book one of the many walking tours the city has to offer.
- Parks. Visit one of the 30 parks in Amsterdam, it’s busy, fun and relaxing on sunny days.
- Sit on a terrace and ‘borrel’. Since we don’t have many sunny days, it seems like we all take a day off of work and enjoy the sunshine on a terrace when we do. We also like to ‘borrel’, which is cannot be translated literally. But it’s a combination of drinking whine/beer, eating some snacks and talking.
- There are alot of beaches in The Netherlands, you could visit Amsterdam Beach (which is actually called Zandvoort). It’s about 25 minutes from Amsterdam with public transport.