- Instant confirmation
- You will immediately receive your vouchers in your e-mail
- Mobile vouchers are accepted
- A printed voucher is not required
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- English, Spanish and German
- Pick-up from a designated meeting point
- THIS IS HOLLAND – Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station. Catch the 5 minute free ferry (Buiksloterweg) behind the station to get there.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
Start your tour in Amsterdam and travel first of all to the Floriade Expo 2022, situated next to the city of Almere on the bottom of the former South Sea. This Exhibition takes place only once every ten years where more than 40 countries from all over the world will inspire you with their beautiful plants and flowers by showing you that they can make greener the city and also more livable and sustainable. During the afternoon the next visit will be to the windmill village of Zaanse Schans were you will be emerged in a typical Dutch ancient ambience. Admire the beautiful old working windmills and the houses from the 18th century in which people are still living. A professional and friendly guide will take you through the exhibition and the windmill village and explains interesting facts about history, culture and customs. Of course you will also have free time in both of the locations to explore them on your own.
You will begin your tour from our central meeting point in Amsterdam. A comfortable, air-conditioned single deck bus will drive you within 40 minutes to the first stop which is the Floriade Expo 2022.
Once arrived, the tour guide will take you through the green areas of the exposition and explains a lot of interesting facts.
The main theme of Floriade Expo 2022 is ‘A celebration of green’. In the exhibition area which covers 60 hectares (148 acers) you will get the best ideas of how to make your city greener. You will have the possibility to gain a lot of knowledge about cultivating food in an appropriate way inside town, you will get tips and tricks of how to feel healthy and free in your city and you will be given the perfect ideas of sustainable energy solutions.
After the guided tour, you will have free time to explore the park on your own. Walk through this beautiful area over the green bridges and learn everything about green infrastructure. Visit the pavilions in which the participating countries are presenting their flowers, plants and culture and make a ride by cable car. You can also get an impression of the real estate sector of the future.
After the visit of the Floriade Expo, we will take you in 45 minutes to the second location of the excursion: The windmill village of Zaanse Schans: a typical Dutch village with windmills and houses from the 18th and 19th century situated on the riverbanks of the Zaan. The Zaan region, the area we visit, used to be in the golden age an industrial area on a scale never seen before. More than 600 windmills were in use for industrial purposes: sawing wood, producing oil, milling grain etc. On the riverbank of the windmill village you will still find 8 windmills in active use. In the village self you can admire beautiful green colored houses with attractive facades in which people are still living.
At arrival, the guide will take you on orientation trough the village. You will visit a clog museum in which you will be showed how to make clogs and you will stop by the cheese farm in which they will give you a demonstration of how to make Gouda cheese. Of course you may also taste all the 25 types after the presentation. After the walk you will have free time to discover the village on your own.
Back in Amsterdam, your tour guide will give you your ticket for a regular City Canal Cruise. The voucher can be redeemed at the docks of Blue Boat Company- Gray Line Amsterdam. The ticket for your City Canal Cruise is a so called ‘open ticket’. This means that no time slot has been allocated and you can board any next available boat at one of the two following docks:
- The first dock is located at Stadhouderskade 501, opposite the Hard Rock Cafe. Take tram 1, 2, 5, 11 and 12 and get off at Leidseplein. From there, the dock is a 2 minute walk.
- The second dock is located at Stadhouderskade 550, opposite Heineken Experience. Take tram 2, 5,and 12 get off at Rijksmuseum. From there, the dock is a 5 minute walk or take metro no. 52 and get off at Vijzelgracht. From there, the dock is only a 2 minute walk.
- Drive in 40 minutes to the Floriade
- Have a guided walk at the exhibition
- Explore the Floriade during free time
- Drive in 45 minutes to Zaanse Schans
- Visit the wooden shoe factory
- Discover in how cheese is made and taste a variety of them
- Explore the village during free time
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transport by air-conditioned single deck bus
- Live commentary on board (might be multi-lingual)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
THIS IS HOLLAND, Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station. How to get here: A free shuttle ferry to Buiksloterweg runs 24/7 from Amsterdam Central Station to the north shore of the river IJ. Journey time is three minutes. Embark via the two middle pontoons. On disembarking, turn left. It’s a two minute walk to THIS IS HOLLAND.