- Instant confirmation
- You will immediately receive your vouchers in your e-mail
- Mobile vouchers are accepted
- A printed voucher is not required
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- English, Spanish and German
- Pick-up from a designated meeting point
- THIS IS HOLLAND – Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station. Catch the 5 minute free ferry (Buiksloterweg) behind the station to get there.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
From Amsterdam we will travel by coach to the province of Flevoland, situated on the bottom of the former South Sea, where we visit the international horticultural exhibition Floriade Expo 2022 next to the city of Almere. More than 40 countries from all over the world will inspire you with their beautiful plants and flowers and show you how cities can be made greener, more livable and durable. A professional and friendly guide takes you through the exhibition explaining interesting facts. Of course you will also have free time to explore the park on your own.
Start your tour from our central meeting point in Amsterdam. A comfortable, air-conditioned single deck bus will drive you to the destination within just 40 minutes to the Floriade Expo. A unique opportunity to visit while the exhibition is organized only once every ten years in the Netherlands.
The main theme of this year is: ‘A celebration of green’ divided into 4 sub categories: greening the city, feeding the city, healthying the city and energising the city. You will get perfect ideas of how cities can be made green: all species of trees and plants have their specific role. You will have the possibility to gain knowledge about cultivating food in the city, you will get tips and tricks of a healthy lifestyle in the residence where you are living and you will be given some ideas of sustainable energy solutions.
The Floriade Expo is situated in an area of 60 hectares (148 acers) which will be converted in a green healty urban district of the city of Almere after the exhibition is finished. Walk through this beautiful park over the green bridges and learn everything about green infrastructure. Visit the pavilions in which the participating countries are presenting their flowers, plants and culture and make a ride by cable car. You can also get an impression of the real estate sector of the future. Of course there will be also plenty of opportunities to grab a nice drink or consume a typical local and healthy dich.
After arrival at the Floriade Expo, your guide will take you on orientation tour through the park. Interesting facts and stories will be explained. After the walk you will have free time to explore the area on your own. Your guide will give you of course further information about what to do and where to go.
Back in Amsterdam, your tour guide will give you your ticket for a regular City Canal Cruise. The voucher can be redeemed at the docks of Blue Boat Company- Gray Line Amsterdam. The ticket for your City Canal Cruise is a so called ‘open ticket’. This means that no time slot has been allocated and you can board any next available boat at one of the two following docks:
- The first dock is located at Stadhouderskade 501, opposite the Hard Rock Cafe. Take tram 1, 2, 5, 11 and 12 and get off at Leidseplein. From there, the dock is a 2 minute walk.
- The second dock is located at Stadhouderskade 550, opposite Heineken Experience. Take tram 2, 5,and 12 get off at Rijksmuseum. From there, the dock is a 5 minute walk or take metro no. 52 and get off at Vijzelgracht. From there, the dock is only a 2 minute walk.
- Drive in 40 minutes to the Floriade Expo
- Have a guided walk at the exhibition
- Explore the Floriade during three hours free time
- Drive back in 40 minutes to Amsterdam
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transport by air-conditioned single deck bus
- Live commentary on board (might be multi-lingual)
- City Canal Cruise by Blue Boat Company
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
THIS IS HOLLAND, Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station. How to get here: A free shuttle ferry to Buiksloterweg runs 24/7 from Amsterdam Central Station to the north shore of the river IJ. Journey time is three minutes. Embark via the two middle pontoons. On disembarking, turn left. It’s a two minute walk to THIS IS HOLLAND.
Please make sure you arrive well on time at your chosen starting point. Due to traffic regulations in Amsterdam our tour busses are not allowed to stop for a long time at the starting points.