A mix of modern, historical and political Netherlands in just one day.
This excursion is packed with interesting things to do and fascinating sites to see. You’ll be taken by bus from Amsterdam to Rotterdam to start off our tour. Rotterdam is the second largest city in the Netherlands and quite famous for its architecture and commercial harbour. After a short city tour the first stop will be Spido for our 75-minute boat tour, the best way to view one of the world’s largest ports. You’ll see Rotterdam’s imposing skyline, cutting-edge architecture, harbours, shipyards, and docks. After the harbour cruise we will continue with the city tour including a stop at the famous Market hall and Cube Houses.
Next stop is the picturesque city of Delft, birth and final resting place of Dutch master Johannes Vermeer. Known as the Princes’ city, it is also where countless members of the Dutch royal family have been buried for centuries. Enjoy some free time for lunch (not included) and to discover Delft’s canal-streaked historic town centre, packed with awe-inspiring historical monuments including the Old Church, the New Church and the town hall. Also we will bring a visit to De Delftse Pauw, a factory specializing in handmade Delft Blue pottery, the most coveted porcelain since the 17th century.
Then, we’ll swing by The Hague for a city tour. In addition to being the seat of the Dutch government, this city is also the home of the Dutch royal family and the third largest city in the country. The Hague is where most foreign embassies in the Netherlands are located, as well as 150 international organizations, including the International Court of Justice and the International Criminal Court. It is also the home of the Peace Palace, a number of royal palaces, the Mauritshuis (featuring work by Vermeer, Rembrandt, and Andy Worhol, among others), and the Binnenhof (the meeting place of the Dutch government).
Before returning to Amsterdam, we’ll hit the nearby Madurodam, an outdoor park featuring miniature replicas of the Netherlands’ most famed locations. See the Rijksmuseum, the Binnenhof, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, the Port of Rotterdam, traditional Dutch canal houses, Thalys high-speed train /the railroad, Erasmusbridge, windmills, and more on a 1:25 scale.
Late afternoon we will return to Amsterdam.
A professional, experienced and friendly guide will accompany you throughout the day.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transport by air-conditioned single-deck coach.
- Harbor cruise Rotterdam
- Visit to a Delft Blue Pottery
- Entrance to Madurodam
- Live comments on board
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- 90 minutes drive from Amsterdam to Rotterdam
- 75 minutes Harbor cruise Rotterdam
- City tour of Rotterdam including a stop at the famous Market hall and Cube Houses.
- Half hour drive to Delft
- Free time for lunch (not included) and exploring Delft on own leisure.
- Visit to a Delft Blue Pottery
- 15 minutes drive to The Hague
- City tour trough the Hague
- 1 hour visit of Madurodam, a small city full of beautiful miniatures.
- Return to Amsterdam in a 90 minutes drive
- We accept mobile vouchers, a printed voucher is not required
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please make sure you arrive well in time at the starting point. Due to traffic regulations in Amsterdam our tour busses are not allowed to stop for a long time at the starting point.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- People with walking problems are not advised to take this tour.
- Please note: Return Location of this tour is THIS IS HOLLAND, opposite central station. Amsterdam. (No drop-off at the Heineken Experience)
- Tour may be operated by multilingual guide
- Infants must sit on laps
Every Wednesday and Saturday.
- Heineken Experience bus stop, Stadhouderskade 78, Wait on the side of the main entrance of the Heineken Experience, not on the water side.
- THIS IS HOLLAND – Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station.
How to get here: A free ferry to Buiksloterweg runs 24/7 from Amsterdam Central Station to the north shore of the river IJ. Journey time is three minutes. Embark via the two middle pontoons. On disembarking, turn left. It’s two minutes’ walk to THIS IS HOLLAND.
Heineken Experience: 08:30AM
THIS IS HOLLAND: 09:00AM