- Instant confirmation
- You will immediately receive your vouchers in your e-mail
- Mobile vouchers are accepted
- A printed voucher is not required
- Informative, friendly and professional live guide
- Dutch and English
- Small group tour of maximum 8 persons
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Pick-up from a designated meeting point
- THIS IS HOLLAND – Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station. Catch the 5 minute free ferry (Buiksloterweg) behind the station to get there.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
During this full day tour your first destination will be the city of Nijmegen, the in 2018 elected European Green Capital.
A professional local guide will take you on an interesting 90 minutes walking tour through the historic city center of Nijmegen. After this guided tour you will have free time to explore the city at your own pace. Your driver will take you afterwards to the beautiful nature Park The Hoge Veluwe. Here you will visit the Kröller-Müller museum, which is known for its large collection of paintings and sculpture by world-famous artists, such as Vincent van Gogh.
Of course you will be given the time to explore the park; for your convenience you can use the free white bikes in the park. Experience the beauty of different Dutch landscapes such as shifting sands, forest and heather landscape. A sustainable and green afternoon to complete your eco- friendly day tour.
Meet your guide at a centrally located meeting point in Amsterdam. A comfortable, air-conditioned luxurious minivan will take you to today’s destination in about 90 minutes. Sit back, relax and enjoy the views of the Dutch flat landscape before you arrive in Nijmegen.
At arrival, a local guide will welcome you and take you to the historic center with a 1 ½ hour guided walking tour. During this walking tour you will visit the ancient Roman walls and other dilapidated relics of the era. Other monuments to see are the powder tower, the public weighing house, the old town hall and Radboud University, named after the Dutch patron saint of Catholic science, Bishop Radboud.
Hear all about the history and legends of this city, like the story of Mariken van Nieumeghen. Mariken has the leading role in a text found in 16th century. She was torn in a pact with the devil Moenen and in the end forgiven for her sins. In the centre you can find a statue of her.
Afterwards enjoy some free time to discover more of the city by yourself, try one of the local culinary specialties for example a Marikenbrood, Nijmegenaartje or a “Broodje Spee”. Or stroll along the bank of the Waal river where you will find a strip of restaurants/terraces with view on the Waal-bridge. There also is an artificial beach in Nijmegen; very popular with the many students in this city and other inhabitants.
Nijmegen is world-famous for the 4-days Walk, “de Vierdaagse” which is held every year in July. People from all over the world join this walk of 4 days to complete 30-50 kilometres daily. A parade of 40.000 participants will enjoy the thousands of cheering witnesses along the way.
After your free time in the in 2018 elected European Green Capital, you will continue your tour with the minivan in ½ hour to the National Park Hoge Veluwe . This sustainable green nature area will certainly be a pleasurable second part of your day and excursion.
National Park Hoge Veluwe
National Park Hoge Veluwe is one of the most beautiful places in the Netherlands with a variety of landscapes: forest, sand dunes and heather in intense purple colors in the month of august.
At different locations in the park, you can take one of the white bicycles which are not locked and use it at your convenience. A free ride in the park maybe even results in spotting the big 3: red deer, mouflon and wild boars.
You will visit the famous Kröller- Müller museum where you will discover the masterpieces of famous painters such as Vincent van Gogh, Claude Monet, Pablo Picasso and Piet Mondriaan. Did you know that this museum has the 2nd largest Van Gogh collection in the world with 90 paintings and 180 of his drawings? And that you can find different sculptures from various artistes like Auguste Rodin or Henry Moore during a walk through the garden of the museum.
The museum has the highest score worldwide given to a museum for being sustainable and eco-friendly. They received the “Excellent” label with sustainable-certificate in 2020. The museum changed all technical equipment to sustainable and energy-friendly ones over the past years. This gives the museum an energy reduction of more than 20 % and they also have a solar panel project. A very good initiative in a green environment!
After visiting the museum there is some time left for you to make a walk in the park, visit the Hoge Veluwe information center. Or choose to enjoy a (typical Dutch ..) bike-ride using the White Bike Plan of free bikes in the park.
Late afternoon our minivan will bring you back to Amsterdam.
Traveling with our minivan is not sustainable. We are aware of this fact and because of this we will donate an amount to a ‘green foundation’. Through CO2 offsetting, you ensure that the greenhouse gas levels in the atmosphere do not increase.
Back in Amsterdam, your tour guide will give you your ticket for a regular City Canal Cruise. The voucher can be redeemed at the docks of Blue Boat Company- Gray Line Amsterdam. The ticket for your City Canal Cruise is a so called ‘open ticket’. This means that no time slot has been allocated and you can board any next available boat at one of the two following docks:
- The first dock is located at Stadhouderskade 501, opposite the Hard Rock Cafe. Take tram 1, 2, 5, 11 and 12 and get off at Leidseplein. From there, the dock is a 2 minute walk.
- The second dock is located at Stadhouderskade 550, opposite Heineken Experience. Take tram 2, 5,and 12 get off at Rijksmuseum. From there, the dock is a 5 minute walk or take metro no. 52 and get off at Vijzelgracht. From there, the dock is only a 2 minute walk.
- Departure from Amsterdam at 09.00 AM.
- Drive in approximately 90 minutes to Nijmegen city.
- 1 ½ hour guided walking tour.
- 1 hour to discover Nijmegen at your own leisure.
- Drive in approximately 35 minutesfrom Nijmegen city to national park The Hoge Veluwe.
- 1 hour visit at the Kröller-Muller Museum.
- 1 hour to discover the Hoge Veluwe national park at your own leisure. ( possible with the ‘white bikes’.
- Departure back to Amsterdam.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transport by luxurious minivan
- Free WIFI aboard
- Donation to a green foundation for the co2 offsetting
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
THIS IS HOLLAND, Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station. How to get here: A free shuttle ferry to Buiksloterweg runs 24/7 from Amsterdam Central Station to the north shore of the river IJ. Journey time is three minutes. Embark via the two middle pontoons. On disembarking, turn left. It’s a two minute walk to THIS IS HOLLAND.