- Instant confirmation
- You will immediately receive your vouchers in your e-mail
- Mobile vouchers are accepted
- A printed voucher is not required
- Informative, friendly and professional live guide
- Dutch and English
- Small group tour of maximum 8 persons
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Pick-up from a designated meeting point
- THIS IS HOLLAND – Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
Join us on the trip to see the most beautiful hightlights of our little country; the Netherlands. The first stop will be the beautiful, old and historical landscape of Schokland. You will also have the opportunity to visit the museum. Then we will continue to the next stop; Giethoorn. Giethoorn, also known as ‘Dutch Venice’. No vehicles are allowed in the old centre which dates back to the Middle Ages. That is why everyone visits the picturesque centre by boat or on foot. The last stop: the Orchid Farm – Orchideeën Hoeve. Admire the tropical gardens with many different varieties of flowers and animals.
At the beginning of this interesting day you will meet your Dutch speaking guide / driver. You will travel in a comfortable, luxurious, air-conditioned Mercedes minivan that will take you to today’s destinations. During the tour, the minivan will take you through typical Dutch polder landscapes. Polders are islands reclaimed from the sea. Did you know that most of the land you travel through today was sea until the 1950s?
Your first destination is: Schokland. Schokland is a world heritage site with a history dating back thousands of years. It is a place between land and water, where people lived for centuries. Here, you will receive your ticket for the Schokland Museum. In the museum, several exhibitions and exhibits are presented, which attracts many visitors every year. The 490 hectares of natural heritage and the 50 year old Schokker forest create a perfect place for all meadow birds to breed.
Then we travel on to the picturesque Giethoorn: which is certainly one of the most picturesque destinations in the Netherlands. Giethoorn is a town with a lot of ancient history which dates back to the Middle Ages. It is one of the most popular tourist villages of our country and has been nicknamed ‘Dutch Venice’; this is because Giethoorn looks just like the Venice that everyone knows. As mentioned before, no vehicles are allowed in the old village. This means that the only option is by boat or on foot. Because of the many canals in Giethoorn, the North, Middle & South are divided.
The guide will then take you on a short walk through the village. Your guide will provide you with tips and facts about Giethoorn, he or she will inform you about local restaurants, shops, attractions, activities and more!
After the tour you will have a small stop to go to the toilet and possibly have lunch somewhere. After this you can enjoy a 1-hour cruise through the canals of Giethoorn. Then it’s time the discover Giethoorn at your own leisure.
Lastly, your guide / driver will bring you to our last destinations of the trip: The Orchid Farm also known as the Orchideeën Hoeve. This is a place where you can find many different varieties of flowers and animals. You will receive the entrance ticket from your guide so you can enjoy the tropical gardens at your own leisure. Explore the Orchid Farm and make sure you get your camera out!
Back in Amsterdam, your tour guide will give you your ticket for a regular City Canal Cruise. The voucher can be redeemed at the docks of Blue Boat Company- Gray Line Amsterdam. The ticket for your City Canal Cruise is a so called ‘open ticket’. This means that no time slot has been allocated and you can board any next available boat at one of the two following docks:
- Start your day in the beautiful Amsterdam
- Drive to your first destination; the picturesque Giethoorn
- Explore the old, delightful village Giethoorn
- Leisure time in Giethoorn
- Drive to the Orchideeën Hoeve
- Explore the varieties of flowers and animals and also the tropical gardens!
- Drive back to Amsterdam
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Free WIFI aboard
- Entrance Orchid Farm (Orchideeën Hoeve)
- City Canal Cruise by Blue Boat Company
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
THIS IS HOLLAND – Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station.
How to get here: A free shuttle ferry to Buiksloterweg runs 24/7 from Amsterdam Central Station to the north shore of the river IJ. Journey time is three minutes. Embark via the two middle pontoons. On disembarking, turn left. It is a 5 minute walk to THIS IS HOLLAND.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: We will strictly follow all RIVM COVID-19 guidelines. We also ask everyone to bring and wear their own mouth mask.