During this full day tour, your first destination will be the well-known UNESCO world heritage Kinderdijk, with its unique collection of 19 authentic windmills. Next is the royal town of The Hague with an included visit to one of the must-sees:
The Mauritshuis museum; home to some of the best Dutch paintings from the Golden Age, such as Vermeer’s Girl with a Pearl earring.
The Gemeentemuseum Den Haag; a modern palace filled with the arts of Monet and Mondrian and rooms full of Delft Blue.
Madurodam; a small city full of beautiful miniatures, playful activities and the best attractions.
Meet your guide/driver a centrally located meeting point in Amsterdam. A comfortable, air-conditioned luxurious minivan will take you to today’s destination in about 75 minutes. Sit back, relax and enjoy the views of the Dutch flat landscape.
A visit to Kinderdijk gives you the extraordinary opportunity to visit a UNESCO World Heritage in Holland. In 1997, the windmill complex of Kinderdijk was added to the prestigious UNESCO World Heritage list because of its unique character. UNESCO considers the polder area with its dikes, mills and pumping stations to be proof of human inventiveness in reclaiming and protecting the land. This is worldwide recognition of the fact that this unique area must be preserved for the future.
At arrival in Kinderdijk, your personal guide will take you to the visitor’s center, which is situated in an old pumping station. Watch the film about the Kinderdijk area before walking through the area. If possible, you will visit a working windmill from the inside (depending on how busy it is).
After a 90 minute visit get back aboard the minivan to continue to The Hague. In addition to being the seat of the Dutch government, this city is the third largest city in the country and is the residence for the Dutch royal family. The Hague is where most foreign embassies in the Netherlands are located, as well as 150 international organizations, including the International Court of Justice and the International Criminal Court. It is also the home of the Peace Palace, a number of royal palaces, the Mauritshuis and the Binnenhof (the Dutch parliament).
At arrival in The Hague you will do a city tour in the minivan to see all these highlights and a stop will be made for lunch before enjoying a includes visit to one of the 3 cultural highlights of The Hague:
The Mauritshuis; home to some of the best Dutch paintings from the Golden Age. Discover masterpieces such as Vermeer’s Girl with a Pearl earring and paintings of the famous Rembrandt van Rijn. Enjoy an included audio tour.
The Gemeentemuseum; is a modern palace of the arts. Step inside this enchanting building, wander through its beautiful day lit galleries and discover that special work of art. You might even leave a little in love. With that extraordinary painting by Monet, that impressive photography exhibition, the adventurous life of Piet Mondrian, the intimate galleries, or the period rooms full of Delftware.
Madurodam; what makes the small country of the Netherlands so great? Discover this and more at Madurodam, a small city full of beautiful miniatures, playful activities and the best attractions.
Late afternoon we will return to Amsterdam
A professional, experienced and friendly driver/guide will accompany you throughout the tour.
- Departure from Amsterdam around 9 a.m.
- Drive in approximately one and a half hour to the windmill village Kinderdijk.
- Discover the windmills and museum at your own leisure
- Departure to The Hague.
- In approximately one hour, you will arrive in The Hague.
- Free time for Lunch and visiting one of the 3 cultural highlights
- City tour by bus through The Hague and Scheveningen
- One-hour drive back to Amsterdam.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Free WIFI aboard
- Entrance and audio tour in the Mauritshuis Museum.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Please make sure you arrive well in time at the starting point. Due to traffic regulations in Amsterdam, our tour buses are not allowed to stop for a long time at the starting point.
- We accept mobile vouchers; a printed voucher is not required.
Heineken Experience bus stop, Stadhouderskade 78. (Wait on the side of the main entrance of the Heineken Experience, not on the water side) at 09:00am