- Instant confirmation
- You will immediately receive your vouchers in your e-mail
- Mobile vouchers are accepted
- A printed voucher is not required
- Informative, friendly and professional live guide
- Small group tour of maximum 8 persons
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Pick-up from a designated meeting point
- THIS IS HOLLAND – Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station. Catch the 5 minute free ferry (Buiksloterweg) behind the station to get there.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
During this full day tour, your first destination will be the well known UNESCO world heritage Kinderdijk, with its unique collection of 19 authentic windmills. Next is the royal town of The Hague with an included visit to one of the must-sees:
- The Mauritshuis museum; home to some of the best Dutch paintings from the Golden Age, such as Vermeer’s Girl with a Pearl earring.
- The Gemeentemuseum Den Haag; a modern palace filled with the arts of Monet and Mondrian and rooms full of Delftblue.
- Madurodam; a small city full of beautiful miniatures, playful activities and the best attractions
Meet your guide and driver at our central meeting point just across from Central Station Amsterdam. A comfortable, air-conditioned luxurious minivan will take you to today’s destination in about 75 minutes. Sit back, relax and enjoy the views of the Dutch flat landscape.
A visit to Kinderdijk gives you the extraordinary opportunity to visit a UNESCO World Heritage in Holland. In 1997, the windmill complex of Kinderdijk was added to the prestigious UNESCO World Heritage list because of its unique character. UNESCO considers the polder area with its dikes, mills and pumping stations to be proof of human inventiveness in reclaiming and protecting the land. This is worldwide recognition of the fact that this unique area must be preserved for the future.
At arrival in Kinderdijk your personal guide will take you to the visitors centre, situated in an old pumping station. Watch the film about the Kinderdijk area before walking through the area. If possible, you will visit a working windmill from the inside (depending on how busy it is).
After a 90 minute visit get back aboard the minivan to continue to The Hague. In addition to being the seat of the Dutch government, this city is the third largest city in the country and residence for the Dutch royal family. The Hague is where most foreign embassies in the Netherlands are located, as well as 150 international organizations, including the International Court of Justice and the International Criminal Court. It is also the home of the Peace Palace, a number of royal palaces, the Mauritshuis, and the Binnenhof (the Dutch parliament).
At arrival in The Hague you will do a city tour in the minivan to see all these highlights and a stop will be made for lunch before enjoying a includes visit to one of the 3 cultural highlights of The Hague:
- The Mauritshuis; home to some of the best Dutch paintings from the Golden Age. Discover masterpieces such as Vermeer’s Girl with a Pearl earring and paintings of the famous Rembrandt van Rijn. Enjoy an included audio tour.
- The Gemeentemuseum; is a modern palace of the arts. Step inside this enchanting building, wander through its beautiful daylit galleries and discover that special work of art that touches you personally. You might even leave a little in love. With that extraordinary painting by Monet, that impressive photography exhibition, the adventurous life of Piet Mondrian, the intimate galleries, or the period rooms full of Delftware.
- Madurodam; what makes the small country of the Netherlands so great? Discover this and more at Madurodam, a small city full of beautiful miniatures, playful activities and the best attractions.
Late afternoon we will return to Amsterdam
A professional, experienced and friendly driver/guide will accompany you throughout the tour.
Back in Amsterdam, your tour guide will give you your ticket for a regular City Canal Cruise. The voucher can be redeemed at the docks of Blue Boat Company- Gray Line Amsterdam. The ticket for your City Canal Cruise is a so called ‘open ticket’. This means that no time slot has been allocated and you can board any next available boat at one of the two following docks:
- The first dock is located at Stadhouderskade 501, opposite the Hard Rock Cafe. Take tram 1, 2, 5, 11 and 12 and get off at Leidseplein. From there, the dock is a 2 minute walk.
- The second dock is located at Stadhouderskade 550, opposite Heineken Experience. Take tram 2, 5,and 12 get off at Rijksmuseum. From there, the dock is a 5 minute walk or take metro no. 52 and get off at Vijzelgracht. From there, the dock is only a 2 minute walk.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Free WIFI aboard
- Entrance and audio tour in the Mauritshuis Museum, Madurodam or Kunst Museum the Hague
- City Canal Cruise by Blue Boat Company
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
THIS IS HOLLAND, Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station. How to get here: A free shuttle ferry to Buiksloterweg runs 24/7 from Amsterdam Central Station to the north shore of the river IJ. Journey time is three minutes. Embark via the two middle pontoons. On disembarking, turn left. It’s a two minute walk to THIS IS HOLLAND.