- Instant confirmation
- You will immediately receive your vouchers in your e-mail
- Mobile vouchers are accepted
- A printed voucher is not required
- Informative, friendly and professional live guide
- English, Dutch, German and Spanish
- Pick-up from a designated meeting point in Amsterdam
- Pick-up from Heineken Experience bus stop or This is Holland
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
See 3 top attractions in 1 day; the beautiful Keukenhof Tulip Gardens, the Zaanse Schans windmill village and see Amsterdam’s attraction during a 1 hour canal cruise.
Experience the beauty of Keukenhof Gardens in bloom on a guided morning tour from Amsterdam in the company of an expert guide and travel by comfortable coach out to the Netherlands’ most famous bulb region, passing through remarkable flower-filled meadows. In the afternoon continue to windmill village Zaanse Schans and see all the other Dutch icons such as windmills, cheese and clogs.
Finish your day with a Canal Cruise trough the famous canals of Amsterdam.
Begin your day with a pickup from one of our pick-up points in central Amsterdam. Get comfortable in your seat aboard a single-decker coach. As you leave Amsterdam, gaze out at the vivid flower fields of the Dutch countryside. Awash with colorful crocuses, tulips and daffodil. These blooming fields are remarkably beautiful. As you admire them, listen to your guide reveal more about the history of this region. Depending on time, you might also stop to take photographs of this stunning landscape.
When you arrive at Keukenhof Gardens, step off the bus and embark on a guided tour of the grounds. Covering an area of more than 79 acres (32 hectares), these magnificent gardens are home to innumerable blooming bulbs, all meticulously landscaped into aesthetically pleasing patterns. The gardens are filled with delicate blossoms of all sorts of colors and textures, which emanate a gently perfumed fragrance.
While you explore the mind-blowing blaze of flower beds, fields and lawns, which are peppered with ponds and water features, listen to your guide explaining the hard work that goes into creating this elegant floral display. After soaking up the garden vistas, continue to Zaanse Schans.
The windmill village Zaanse Schans is an open air museum that has a collection of working windmills, wooden houses, barns and shops dating back to the 18th and 19th Century. All these buildings were brought here from 1961 onwards, bringing back to life this most prosperous period of the Zaan region.
In its golden age, the Zaan Region developed into an industrial area on a scale never seen before, with 600 active windmills, wooden factories powered by wind. In these small factories, many tasks were being executed with the aid of wind energy, including wood sawed by machines, grinding spices, oil for food and paint, flour, cocoa powder and many other things.
The prosperity in the 18th and 19th century can be seen in the Zaanse Schans windmill village in several ways. Alongside windmills, barns and other buildings, you will see beautiful houses that were originally built as home to rich windmill owners and merchants. These houses have attractive facades and have been painted in traditional colors such as green, beige and light blue.
Upon arrival in the village, your guide will take you on an orientation tour of the village. You will visit the clog museum, annex wooden shoemaker shop and get to taste Dutch farmer cheese in the cheese farm. Then it is time to further explore the village on your own. Before you set off to discover the Zaanse Schans, your guide will give you further information on the unique character of Zaanse Schans, teach you local history and culture, and give you insider’s tips about what to do and where to go.
Back in Amsterdam your guide will give you your ticket for an Amsterdam Canal Cruise of Stromma Netherlands.
The Amsterdam Canal Cruise passes all of Amsterdam’s famous attractions. Canal houses from the Golden Age, the Westerkerk etc. The canal cruise takes you past all of them. Sightseeing in Amsterdam couldn’t be a more relaxing experience.
- Departure from Amsterdam
- Drive in approximately 60 minutes to the Keukenhof Gardens
- Walk together with your guide through the flower mosaics
- Discover the Keukenhof Gardens at your own during free time
- Drive in 60 minutes to windmill village Zaanse Schans
- Visit during 15 minutes the wooden shoe factory
- Discover how to make Gouda Cheese in 10 minutes and taste a variety of them
- Visit the village on your own during free time
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Live commentary on board
- Pick-up from designated meeting points
- Amsterdam Canal Cruise of Stromma Netherlands
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Heineken Experience bus stop, Stadhouderskade 78. Wait on the side of the main entrance of the Heineken Experience, not on the water side.
- THIS IS HOLLAND, Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station. How to get here: A free shuttle ferry to Buiksloterweg runs 24/7 from Amsterdam Central Station to the north shore of the river IJ. Journey time is three minutes. Embark via the two middle pontoons. On disembarking, turn left. It’s two minutes’ walk to THIS IS HOLLAND.
Please make sure you arrive well on time at your chosen starting point. Due to traffic regulations in Amsterdam our tour busses are not allowed to stop for a long time at the starting points. Please note: the return location of this tour is THIS IS HOLLAND, behind Amsterdam central station. No drop-off at the Heineken Experience).