- Instant confirmation
- You will immediately receive your vouchers in your e-mail
- Mobile vouchers are accepted
- A printed voucher is not required
- Informative, friendly and professional live guide
- Pick-up from a designated meeting point
- THIS IS HOLLAND – Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station. Catch the 5 minute free ferry (Buiksloterweg) behind the station to get there.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
Travel by luxurious minivan to Rotterdam, where you’ll enjoy a harbor cruise. In the afternoon you go to the towns of The Hague and Delft.
During this full day tour, you’ll discover the Netherlands outside Amsterdam. During this day filled with variety, you will get to know the modern architecture of Rotterdam including a harbour cruise. Look around in the historical town of Delft and learn how the famous Delft Blue pottery is being made during a visit of one of the remaining Dutch ceramic factories. See all the highlights of political The Hague during a city tour before visiting Madurodam; a small city full of beautiful miniatures, playful activities and the most important landmarks of the Netherlands. Back in Amsterdam, you’ll receive your voucher for the Amsterdam canal cruise with Blue Boat Company.
This guided day tour is packed with interesting things to do and fascinating sites to see. You’ll be taken by bus from Amsterdam to Rotterdam to start off the tour. Rotterdam is the second largest city in the Netherlands and quite famous for its architecture and commercial harbour. After a short city tour the first stop will be Spido for the 75-minute harbour boat tour, the best way to view one of the world’s largest ports. You’ll see Rotterdam’s imposing skyline, cutting-edge architecture, harbours, shipyards, and docks. After the harbour cruise we will continue with the city tour including a stop at the famous Market hall and Cube Houses.
Next stop is the picturesque city of Delft, birth and final resting place of Dutch master Johannes Vermeer. Known as the Princes’ city, it is also where countless members of the Dutch royal family have been buried for centuries. Enjoy some free time for lunch (not included) and to discover Delft’s canal-streaked historic town centre, packed with inspiring historical monuments including the Old Church, the New Church and the town hall. Also we will bring a visit to a factory specializing in handmade Delft Blue pottery, the most coveted porcelain since the 17th century.
Then, we’ll swing by The Hague for a city tour. In addition to being the seat of the Dutch government, this city is also the home of the Dutch royal family and the third largest city in the country. The Hague is where most foreign embassies in the Netherlands are located, as well as 150 international organizations, including the International Court of Justice and the International Criminal Court. It is also the home of the Peace Palace, a number of royal palaces, the Mauritshuis (featuring work by Vermeer, Rembrandt, and Andy Worhol, among others), and the Binnenhof (the meeting place of the Dutch government).
Before returning to Amsterdam, we’ll hit the nearby Madurodam, an outdoor park featuring miniature replicas of the Netherlands’ most famed locations. See the Rijksmuseum, the Binnenhof, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, the Port of Rotterdam, traditional Dutch canal houses, Thalys high-speed train /the railroad, Erasmusbridge, windmills, and more on a 1:25 scale.
Late afternoon we will return to Amsterdam.
Back in Amsterdam, your tour guide will give you your ticket for a regular City Canal Cruise. The voucher can be redeemed at the docks of Blue Boat Company- Gray Line Amsterdam. The ticket for your City Canal Cruise is a so called ‘open ticket’. This means that no time slot has been allocated and you can board any next available boat at one of the two following docks:
- The first dock is located at Stadhouderskade 501, opposite the Hard Rock Cafe. Take tram 1, 2, 5, 11 and 12 and get off at Leidseplein. From there, the dock is a 2 minute walk.
- The second dock is located at Stadhouderskade 550, opposite Heineken Experience. Take tram 2, 5,and 12 get off at Rijksmuseum. From there, the dock is a 5 minute walk or take metro no. 52 and get off at Vijzelgracht. From there, the dock is only a 2 minute walk.
- 90 minute drive from Amsterdam to Rotterdam
- 75 minute Harbour cruise Rotterdam
- City tour of Rotterdam including a stop at the famous Market hall and Cube Houses
- Half hour drive to Delft
- Walking tour in Delft
- Visit to a Delft Blue Pottery
- 15 minutes’ drive to The Hague
- City tour through the Hague
- Return to Amsterdam in approximately 90 minutes
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Free WIFI aboard
- Harbor cruise Rotterdam
- Entrance to Madurodam
- Visit to a Delft Blue Pottery factory
- City Canal Cruise by Blue Boat Company
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
THIS IS HOLLAND, Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station. How to get here: A free shuttle ferry to Buiksloterweg runs 24/7 from Amsterdam Central Station to the north shore of the river IJ. Journey time is three minutes. Embark via the two middle pontoons. On disembarking, turn left. It’s a two minute walk to THIS IS HOLLAND.