- Instant confirmation
- You will immediately receive your vouchers in your e-mail
- Mobile vouchers are accepted
- A printed voucher is not required
- Informative, friendly and professional live guide
- Small group tour of maximum 8 persons
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Pick-up from a designated meeting point
- THIS IS HOLLAND – Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station. Catch the 5 minute free ferry (Buiksloterweg) behind the station to get there.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
Step aboard the luxurious and comfortable minivan to visit picturesque Giethoorn, nicknamed ‘the Dutch Venice’.
During this full tour, your destination will be picturesque Giethoorn. This is a village where no cars are allowed in the old town and whose history dates back to the Middle Ages. This tour is operated as a small group tour in a luxurious minivan, making this tour a more personalized experience without the crowds from large bus tours.
A professional, experienced and friendly driver/guide will accompany you throughout the day.
Finish your day with a canal cruise through the famous canals of Amsterdam.
Meet your guide/driver a centrally located meeting point in Amsterdam. A comfortable, air-conditioned luxurious minivan will take you to today’s destination in about 90 minutes. The journey takes you through the typical flat Dutch ‘polder’ landscape. (=Polder is land that has been reclaimed from the sea and most of the land where you drive through today was a sea until the 1950-ties).
Giethoorn is definitely one of the most picturesque villages of the Netherlands. The town has been one of the most popular tourist villages of the country and is nick named the DutSmall group tourch Venice. Just like Venice, Giethoorn has many canals and the only way to get around town is by boat or walking. No cars are allowed in the old town, whose history dates back to the middle ages.
After a short walking tour of the village, you have time at leisure to discover the village on your own. Your driver/guide will reveal the city’s unique character and give you insider’s tips about great local restaurants, shops, attractions, activities and more!
Late afternoon we drive back to Amsterdam.
Back in Amsterdam, your tour guide will give you your ticket for a regular City Canal Cruise. The voucher can be redeemed at the docks of Blue Boat Company- Gray Line Amsterdam. The ticket for your City Canal Cruise is a so called ‘open ticket’. This means that no time slot has been allocated and you can board any next available boat at one of the two following docks:
- The first dock is located at Stadhouderskade 501, opposite the Hard Rock Cafe. Take tram 1, 2, 5, 11 and 12 and get off at Leidseplein. From there, the dock is a 2 minute walk.
- The second dock is located at Stadhouderskade 550, opposite Heineken Experience. Take tram 2, 5,and 12 get off at Rijksmuseum. From there, the dock is a 5 minute walk or take metro no. 52 and get off at Vijzelgracht. From there, the dock is only a 2 minute walk.
- Departure from Amsterdam around 9 a.m.
- Drive in approximately one hour and a half to Giethoorn.
- At arrival, you will have some coffee/tea and a typical Dutch apple pie.
- One-hour boat trip through Giethoorn.
- Three and a half hour free time.
- Returning to Amsterdam with a photo stop at the enclosing dike.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges.
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan.
- Entrance and audio tour at Camp Vught National Memorial.
- Guided walking tour in ‘s-Hertogenbosch.
- Free WIFI aboard.
- City Canal Cruise by Blue Boat Company
- Gratuites (optional)
- Food and drinks
THIS IS HOLLAND, Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station. How to get here: A free shuttle ferry to Buiksloterweg runs 24/7 from Amsterdam Central Station to the north shore of the river IJ. Journey time is three minutes. Embark via the two middle pontoons. On disembarking, turn left. It’s a two minute walk to THIS IS HOLLAND.