- Instant confirmation
- You will immediately receive your vouchers in your e-mail
- Mobile vouchers are accepted
- A printed voucher is not required
- Informative, friendly and professional live guide
- Small group tour of maximum 8 persons
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Pick-up from a designated meeting point
- THIS IS HOLLAND - Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
Your destination of today will be the city of Leiden; a very atmospheric city with old buildings and beautiful canals. Learn more about the historic centre and the birthplace of Rembrandt van Rijn! After your city tour through Leiden, we will then travel to the Kagerplassen where you can sit back, relax and disocver the ponds by boat!
Meet your driver and multilingual speaking guide at the centrally located meeting point. A comfortable, luxurious, air-conditioned Mercedes minivan will take you to today’s destination in about 60 minutes. Sit back, relax and enjoy the view of the beautiful Dutch landscapes.
Leiden is known as one of the largest and oldest cities in the Netherlands. Although Leiden was already a major city in the early Middle Ages, the city only became more important in the Golden Age. The contemporary structure of the city centre with its canals reminds us of the Middle Ages and gives Leiden a unique character. In the 17th Century, the city was mainly known for the cloth trae and after the fall of Antwerp, many refugees from Flanders moved to this city, which caused the city to blossom into the well know town that we know now as Leiden!
Upon arrival in Leiden, your guide will take you to explore the special highlights of Leiden. Take pictures of the historic center such as the 16th century town hall, the old Pieterskerk and see the oldest university in the Netherlands, where Koning-Willem Alexander studied. In addition, the guide will show you Rembrandt van Rijns birthplace and where Rembrandt grew up as a young painter and developed his first paintings.
Then it’s time for your to explore the city on your own. But before you do so, the guide will provide you with insider tips about the local restaurants, attractions, activities, shops and more!
Once you step back aboard of the minivan, your next destination will be Warmond; this is where you will board a boat to explore the Kagerplassen. The Kagerplassen is a small network with canals, islands and polders (=land reclaimed from the sea). The lakes, together with the Braassemermeer are located in the area with the most windmills in the Netherlands. Relax, lean back and enjoy the beautiful view!
Don’t forget to bring your camera, this is an experience you don’t want to forget!
In the late afternoon we return to Amsterdam.
Back in Amsterdam, your tour guide will give you your ticket for a regular City Canal Cruise. The voucher can be redeemed at the docks of Blue Boat Company- Gray Line Amsterdam. The ticket for your City Canal Cruise is a so called ‘open ticket’. This means that no time slot has been allocated and you can board any next available boat at one of the two following docks:
- The first dock is located at Stadhouderskade 501, opposite the Hard Rock Cafe. Take tram 1, 2, 5, 11 and 12 and get off at Leidseplein. From there, the dock is a 2 minute walk.
- The second dock is located at Stadhouderskade 550, opposite Heineken Experience. Take tram 2, 5,and 12 get off at Rijksmuseum. From there, the dock is a 5 minute walk or take metro no. 52 and get off at Vijzelgracht. From there, the dock is only a 2 minute walk.
- Start your day in the beautiful Amsterdam
- Drive in ca. 60 minutes to Leiden
- City walk through Leiden with your guide
- Explore the city in your own leisure
- Drive to Warmond; to the Kagerplassen
- Drive back to Amsterdam
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Free WIFI aboard
- Cruise Kagerplassen
- City Canal Cruise by Blue Boat Company
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
THIS IS HOLLAND – Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station.
How to get here: A free shuttle ferry to Buiksloterweg runs 24/7 from Amsterdam Central Station to the north shore of the river IJ. Journey time is three minutes). Embark via the two middle pontoons. On disembarking, turn left. It is a 5 minute walk to THIS IS HOLLAND.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Tour Company will strictly follow all RIVM COVID-19 guidelines. We also ask everyone to bring and wear their own mouth mask.